What is Amiga Unix really like

Karl Hakimian - staff hakimian at tek4.eecs.wsu.edu
Thu May 9 04:50:16 AEST 1991

I would like to get information comparing Amiga Unix with Unix from other
vendors on other platforms. The systems that I am most familiar with are

AT&T - SYSVR3
Dec - Ultrix (mips)
HP - hp-ux
Sequent - Dynix
SGI - Irix
Tektronix - UTek

I would like to receive mail from anyone who has used one or more of these
systems, and is currently using SYSVR4 on the Amiga. What I would like to here
is what do you like better about the Amiga Unix vs. XXX on YYY, or what did
XXX on YYY does better than Amiga Unix.

I would also like to here from people who have ported software to Amiga Unix.
Specifically I would like to here about the following packages;

g++
Gnu emacs
nntp
perl