gcc?

Lance Hartmann lance at mpd.tandem.com
Fri May 24 04:36:45 AEST 1991

Please forgive the blatant ignorance, but could someone tell me
what exactly "gcc" is?  I've just recently gotten access to
usenet and stumbled onto this board.  I don't have an Amiga, yet,
but am definitely getting more inspired particularly since UNIX
is now available on it.  I've been working with UNIX (and various
flavors) for about 7 years, but have never heard of "gcc".  Is
this just the c-compiler on the Amiga?  Or, is this also on other
machines?  Features?

Many thanks,
--
Lance G. Hartmann - cs.utexas.edu!devnull!lance (Internet)