Interaction between /dev/par and /dev/ser

Rob Healey rhealey at digibd.com
Wed May 8 03:42:16 AEST 1991

	Is there some sort of incestuous relationship betwixed /dev/par and
	/dev/ser? When ever I access /dev/par, either as the device or
	through lp subsystem, the DTR signal on ser goes down and stays
	down till I power cycle the modem?! Is this the DTR problem the
	1.1 Amix release notes were talking about? Needless to say, fork()ing
	over my serial port by accessing the parallel printer device is
	most disturbing...

	As an aside, WHY do the two devices interact and is this quirk
	fixed in 2.0 like all the other annoying 1.1 problems?

			Ahh, the minor details,

			-Rob

Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)
Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020