Video resolutions

Michael Marvin Morrison mmm at reaper.Chi.IL.US
Thu May 23 04:03:11 AEST 1991

In article <1991May22.001929.1579 at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> es1 at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Ethan Solomita) writes:
>In article <1991May20.165654.10048 at digibd.com> rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:
>>
>>	By the way, what's the best book for finding out exactly what
>>	memory registers to tickle to access video and sound on the
>>	Amiga? Don't seem to be many .h files with helpful hints. B^(.
>>
>	Get the Rom Kernal Manuals. Simple.

For Amiga Unix, you probably want the Amiga Hardware Ref.  'Libraries and Devices'
would more than likely not do an Amiga Unix person much good, as they relate to
AmigaDos/Exec instead of the hardware goodies that Rob wants.  What kind of
arbitration of the hardware is done under Unix?  The reason I ask is because
I am sure that most of the same restrictions apply under Unix as under AmigaDos.
(ie: no banging the hardware if the System owns it)

--
Michael M Morrison              /|                             |\
mmm at reaper.chi.il.us <or>      | |     Cold Steel on Ice       | |