Video resolutions

Ethan Solomita es1 at cunixb.cc.columbia.edu
Wed May 22 10:19:29 AEST 1991

In article <1991May20.165654.10048 at digibd.com> rhealey at digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:

>	Is it possible to get the Amiga video chips to do 800x600 monochrome?
>	How about 4 or 16 color? I'd like to be able to have at least 512
>	points in the Y direction under X with stock hardware. I suppose
>	I'll just end up growing spider webs till the A2410 is available. B^(.

	732x480 is the maximum screen size with overscan without
using the non-deinterlaceable interlaced ECS modes.

>	By the way, what's the best book for finding out exactly what
>	memory registers to tickle to access video and sound on the
>	Amiga? Don't seem to be many .h files with helpful hints. B^(.

	Get the Rom Kernal Manuals. Simple.

>		-Rob
>--
>
>Rob Healey                                          rhealey at digibd.com
>Digi International (DigiBoard)
>Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020

Now the world has gone to bed,		Now I lay me down to sleep,
Darkness won't engulf my head,		Try to count electric sheep,
I can see by infrared,			Sweet dream wishes you can keep,
How I hate the night.			How I hate the night.   -- Marvin