Kernel Panics from kermit

Kai Bartels kaba at wintermute.uucp
Mon May 27 12:36:49 AEST 1991

pepers at enme3.ucalgary.ca (Brad Pepers) writes:
>It seems I've found a strange but consistent way to panic the unix kernel.
>What I am doing is using kermit. The way I can consistently do it is to
>[large blocks of data]
>overscan). My modem is a SupraModem 2400MNP. I use kermit by entering it
>with the "kermit" command and then doing the following:
>	set line /dev/term/ser
>[...]
I ecountered a simmilar problem while using kermit (and Forsberg's XYZ-
modem):
the kermit (not the xzy-modem!) works just fine (well, it doesn't crash)
when I invoke it on the line, I'm doing the transfer on (term/ser). But
when I invoke either of the programs from a console instead using the -l
option to set the line (and redirection with xyz-modem), I get another
(kernel-) panic. :-(

>    Brad Pepers (pepers at enme.ucalgary.ca)
regards, Kai

--
"The sound of bombs has given way for children's cries"            <Fisher-Z>
BITNET: g14b at dhbrrz41               +               UUCP:kaba at wintermute.uucp