Am I missing something obvious - how do you copy in/out from HFS disks?

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Tue Apr 19 06:39:24 AEST 1988

In article <1721 at desint.UUCP> geoff at desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) writes:
>You are missing the point, Phil.  DEC does not sell Unix with VMS underlying
>it.  Apple *does* sell Unix with an underlying MAC os;  as such, a

To hopefully clear up this popular misconception, A/UX does NOT run on top
of the Mac OS. There is not one iota of Mac OS used in the A/UX kernel
execution. The Mac ROMs are used, by a UNIX process, to do Quickdraw and
Toolbox type things, but we do NOT use the ROMs while in the kernel (one
wrong branch and the Mac OS wakes up ... ugh :-) ). A/UX is totally UNIX,
the front desk bus driver, the SCSI drivers, the floppy drivers, the slot
drivers, the Ethernet drivers, the NVRAM drivers. they are ALL UNIX
typical drivers. Again, NO MAC OS (OS = operating system) code is used
by A/UX, under, on top of, or sideways. Klar?