Time Zone trouble...

richard karasik richard at bud.UUCP
Fri Apr 15 11:00:17 AEST 1988

>A seperate problem I have is this: now that we are running on Daylight Savings,
>A/ux reports the time as one hour later than what the Mac says the time is.
>In order for me to have A/ux tell me accurately that it is 10 am, I must
>set the mac to 9 am. Why is this?

This is typical in many unix systems that didn't believe our government
when they changed DST inception to beginning of April. You have
to tweak certain hard coded time libraries to make it work on all unix
systems -unless the manufacturer caught it and tweaked it already.

But dont worry, I will fix everything by laying my hands upon the net
in a couple of weeks.
(hoho)