What hard disks does A/UX support

Stuart Schmukler sas1 at sphinx.uchicago.edu
Sat Apr 9 09:38:26 AEST 1988

In article <11024 at shemp.CS.UCLA.EDU> dgc at CS.UCLA.EDU (David G. Cantor) writes:

>Can somebody tell me what (non-Apple) hard disks are supported by the
>current incarnation of A/UX.

I know that we at UofC (and people U. Minn.) have gotten the Rodime's
to work under A/UX as an A/UX only drive.  We have not been able to
get a Mac OS partition greater than Apple's on the the disk.

I have heard that some-one got a Jasime running.

In prinicple the 'dp' utility can deal with any type of hard drive.
The problems are:
	Configuring and loading the Eschatology parts of A/UX
	Configuring the Mac partition
and	making sure that the Mac OS respects the partition
	 (say during Erase Disk)

SaS

PS: Dealing with 'dp' is arcane. If I was clearer on the subject I'd
write it up. We found that you had to check the System Admin man pages
and the A/UX device drivers manual.