Am I missing... (really an opinion of A/UX)

Hernan'Jackie' Macapanpan jackie at Apple.COM
Sat Apr 16 02:01:09 AEST 1988

In article <347 at caldwr.caldwr.gov>, ack at caldwr.caldwr.gov (David Ackerman) writes:

> One of the main things Apple needs to do is get a support system in place.This
> includes training dealers and having more A/UX support staff. They should also
> train their own sales people, who don't even know what market they should be
> addressing with A/UX. Does Apple Corporate Sales even know the answer to that
> question? I sometimes wonder.

	Hello,

	There are things happening here. I can tell you that more and more
	real UNIX geeks (like me :-) ) are joining the ranks at Apple every
	week ( Anyone else interested? :-) ). These people aren't just Apple
	people converted to UNIX, they are experienced people from the UNIX
	world; very talented people.

	There is Sales and Dealer training available. I believe that Apple
	understands the need for A/UX training. This could be (I'm guessing)
	the reason that you're not seeing a huge number of A/UX authorized
	dealers yet. I think Apple wants to make sure that the Sales people
	and Dealers are knowledgable enough to help support the product.
	Dealers go through an evaluation process which they must pass to be
	'crowned' :-) A/UX authorized.

	As for support, Apple has introduced the A/UX Hotline subcription
	program. Folks like me (Oh no! :-) ) answer subcriber's A/UX
	technical information requests.

	I believe that Apple is very serious about A/UX. Please, keep those
	constructive critcisms coming. There ARE people listening.

	Hope this helps.

 Disclaimer: I works heres, buts theys don'ts knows I's cans types. :-)
	Whats I's says iss nots necessarilys whats mys employers says. :-(

Hernan 'Jackie' Macapanpan			      amdahl \
Technical Communications/A/UX Hotline		  pyramid!sun - apple!jackie
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /