gettimeofday()

Guy Harris guy at gorodish.Sun.COM
Sat Apr 30 04:57:13 AEST 1988

>    Lots of programs (all the properly-written ones) that call
>    "gettimeofday()" explicitly indicate their disinterest in the timezone
>    information by passing a (properly-case, of course) null pointer as the
>    second argument, and most programs that call "gettimeofday()" don't want
>    the timezone information.

Before everybody writes in, let me point out that:

	1) "properly-case" should be "properly-cast"

and

	2) the "all the properly-written ones" refers not to all programs that
	   call "gettimeofday()", just the 99% of them that have no interest in
	   getting the time zone information directly from "gettimeofday()".
	   Obviously, a properly written program that *does* want the time zone
	   information from "gettimeofday()" won't pass it a null pointer for
	   the second argument....