Toolbox Doesn't Work With Viking I Monitor

David W. Berry dwb at Apple.COM
Tue Dec 6 09:21:13 AEST 1988

In article <21438 at apple.Apple.COM> phil at Apple.COM (Phil Ronzone) writes:
>In article <6298 at bunny.UUCP> dcr0 at bunny.UUCP (David Robbins) writes:
>>I have an A/UX Macintosh II with a Moniterm Viking I Monitor.  Everything
>>works just fine and dandy, except for one little detail: the A/UX Toolbox
>>does not seem to notice that there is a mouse attached to the machine.  If
>>
>>1) Is there really something lacking that Moniterm ought to have put into
>>   their ROMs (or ought to have supplied to be loaded into A/UX)?
>>
>>2) Is there some reasonably straightforward magic incantation I can speak
>>   at A/UX to convince the toolbox that there really is a mouse out there?
>
>Dave - this is a real puzzler. A large variety of video cards and their
>monitors, both Apple and third party, work just fine on A/UX, with mouse
>tracking and all. This is from early BETAs through A/UX 1.0 and on.
	Would that it were only so.  Unfortunately, A/UX 1.0 requires the
video card to have a special A/UX driver on it.  The only monitors that I
know of that work are SuperMac and E-machines.  This restriction will be
removed with 1.1 since it the Macintosh Mode video driver is used.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry
apple!dwb at sun.com	dwb at apple.com	973-5168 at 408.MaBell