Mac II fan noise - an unauthorized solution

Peter Schoaff schoaff at marduk.cs.cornell.edu
Wed Jul 20 00:17:04 AEST 1988

In article <9aN1c3e0t11010l1MtQ at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kucharsk at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (William Kucharski) writes:
>I don't mean to flame, so please don't flame me...
>
>But I don't think the Mac II fan is loud AT ALL.  To even be able to notice
>such things, most of you must not spend much time around computers with fans
>in them.  Or maybe I'm just used to the sound of the Kensington System Saver
>I had on my ][+...

I'll go along with that. During the day I work next to two Symbolics 3620's
or some such, each with three big wire-meshed fans on the back. It's quite
a relief when I can come home to the quiet hum of my SE, MacBeth.
| P. Chris Schoaff | We are the coffee generation, we can't afford cocaine  |
|                  | We need a healthy dose to make it through the day      |
| schoaff@         | Don't Care about nuclear war or poverty or pain        |
|   cs.cornell.edu | We are the coffee generation and life is just a game.  |