Mac II fan noise - an unauthorized solution

Christopher Chow chow at batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu
Mon Jul 18 06:29:51 AEST 1988

In article <5998 at spool.cs.wisc.edu> Joshua Golub writes:
|no one yet has mentioned the 'extra protection' Apple provides.  According
|to my Mac II manual the fan will work harder if the machine gets hot.
|   Have any of the fan-hackers tested this fan power increase with their
|new fans?  Can I add some sort of LED to warn me when the Mac II gets hot,
|and then go ahead and install a quiet fan?

I don't think the sort of an LED warning system is necessary.  As I
understand it, the Mac II has an temperature sensor which will automatically
cut power if the fan is unable to provide suffcient cooling.

Christopher Chow
| Internet:  chow at tcgould.tn.cornell.edu (128.84.248.35 or 128.84.253.35)   |
| Usenet:    ...{uw-beaver|decvax|vax135}!cornell!batcomputer!chow          |
| Bitnet:    chow at crnlthry.bitnet                                           |
| Phone:     1-607-272-8014   Address: 107 Catherine St, Ithaca NY 14850    |
| Delphi:    chow2            PAN:  chow                                    |