Mac II fan noise - an unauthorized solution

Marc T. Kaufman kaufman at polya.Stanford.EDU
Wed Jul 20 01:53:07 AEST 1988

In article <9aN1c3e0t11010l1MtQ at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> kucharsk at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com (William Kucharski) writes:
-I don't mean to flame, so please don't flame me...

-But I don't think the Mac II fan is loud AT ALL.  To even be able to notice
-such things, most of you must not spend much time around computers with fans
-in them.  Or maybe I'm just used to the sound of the Kensington System Saver
-I had on my ][+...

I didn't think the Mac II was loud, either, until we replaced the fan.
...Does anyone have a fix for loud disks?   ;-)

Marc Kaufman (kaufman at polya.stanford.edu)