Mac II fan noise - an unauthorized solution

Michael Siemon mls at whutt.UUCP
Thu Jul 21 05:26:23 AEST 1988

In article <19376 at cornell.UUCP>, schoaff at marduk.cs.cornell.edu (Peter Schoaff)
writes:

> >But I don't think the Mac II fan is loud AT ALL.  To even be able to notice
> >such things, most of you must not spend much time around computers with fans
> >in them...
>
> I'll go along with that. During the day I work next to two Symbolics 3620's

Yes but consider the original Mac.  Just about its ONLY good point was its
silence, and that was indeed golden.  Consider the plight of the Mac musician;
pianissimo is inaudible.  I'm not sure I want to hack around in the innards
of my Mac, but I sure would appreciate something like the noise reduction
suggested by the fan-replacement postings.
--
Michael L. Siemon
contracted to AT&T Bell Laboratories