Apple A/UX Dealer Hot-line is less then entirely useful.

Bruce Beare bruce at voysys.UUCP
Tue Jul 5 04:44:18 AEST 1988

In article <13237 at apple.Apple.COM>, jk at Apple.COM (John Kullmann) writes:
> In article <268 at voysys3.UUCP> bruce at voysys3.UUCP (Bruce Beare) writes:
> >I next called
> >"Computer Plus" (735-1199) and was informed that they do not support
> >A/UX and may choose to not support it in the future (too expensive to
> >staff for it).
> >I wonder how much of that "large list" is incorrect. :-)

> If you are just continuing to flame the availablity of A/UX, gee thanks,
> but hasn't that topic sucked up enough net bandwidth already?

You completely miss my point. The previous posting indicated that there was
an in-place dealer network (of large proportions). I called the customer
relations number and they gave me several "local A/UX dealers". I selected
the nearest one and called them - ONLY TO FIND OUT THAT THEY WERE NOT AN
A/UX DEALER.

BTW, we already have A/UX (certified developer program - it's great!), and I
was inquiring about updates, support, etc. Also note, we don't bother to run
the current version of A/UX - there isn't much there of interest that we don't
have on other Unix boxes (litany of A/UX failings and omissions can be culled
from old news articles and does not really need to be repeated.)

	Bruce Beare