ae0: error message

Brendan B. Boerner boerner at ut-emx.UUCP
Sat Jun 18 00:41:20 AEST 1988

Has anyone out there received the following message:
  ae0:  overflow NIC reset failed
  ae6_intr:  Receive overflow warning.

I have looked in the man pages for 'ae' and found that it is the
interface to Ethernet.  However this error message is not listed
in the man pages.

The effects of this message range from simply *appearing* harmless to
locking the system.  Here's what I know:  1)  Sometimes it will occur
when I am logged in during the day.  No problem if I am not using the
Ethertalk card.  I can just continue doing whatever it is that I am
doing.  2) It occurs sometime after I go home for the night.  I come
back the next morning and cannot get any response from the console nor
can I Telnet in.  Reboot.  3) It occured yesterday when I was backing
up the hd to a Sun with a 9-track tape drive.  I had to abort the
backup.  Needless to say, I was a bit, 'perturbed' when this happened.

If anyone know what this means and possibly how to fix it, please
let me know.  Thanks.

Brendan