An odd (but harmless) bug...

David Whitney whitney at think.COM
Tue Jun 14 05:08:02 AEST 1988

As a few people have pointed out, /usr/adm/lastlog is supposed to be file.
I therefore created an empty file of that name and things still don't work.
Nothing is ever put into the file, and there never were errors when (supposed)
access was attempted. What am I missing? Why doesn't finger say
Last login: <a date>
or when I login for that matter?

I tried turning on system accounting, but that didn't help so I shut it off
again.

Help?
David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney at think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: If they only knew what I was doing and saying here...