An odd (but harmless) bug...

David Whitney whitney at think.COM
Sat Jun 11 03:30:23 AEST 1988

This has to do with 'finger', 'logout', and possibly something else. When I
finger a user who I know has logged in (namely, myself), it prints out all
the info and then "Never logged in". It does this when I finger anybody not
logged in. login also does not say "Last login :<date/time>"

I checked the man pages for finger, and in the "see also" section, it mentions
the file (or directory) /usr/adm/lastlog. I figure it's a dir, so I created
a dir by that name. Still, "Never logged in". Any ideas?

David Whitney, MIT '90                     Still learning about my Apple //GS
{the known universe}!ihnp4!think!whitney   and all of its secrets. Any and all
whitney at think.com                          technical info appreciated.
DISCLAIMER: If they only knew what I was doing and saying here...