Well, we listened

David Williams dlw at hpsmtc1.HP.COM
Fri Jun 17 03:03:19 AEST 1988

Phil Ronzone asks:

>But, I don't see what we can do about it. UNIX IS 6000+ pages of
>documentation. I don't see how that could be reduced, to say, 600. Or
>how that one relevant piece of info you need right now can be easily
>accessible.

How about my old idea of firing the man pages into a Hypercard stack. Or
putting your 6000 pages of docs into Hypercard. Put them on a CD-ROM along
with the regular man pages and have Hypercard fixed so that it can be the
ONE Mac OS application that runs while under A/UX. Or you might have it
compiled to run under A/UX native (might be a little difficult if you don't
have a Pascal compiler.

>Are we missing something?

Yup! Hypertext! and CD-ROM support under A/UX!

-David Williams
CCE User Interface Architect