Well, we listened

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Thu Jun 16 04:50:56 AEST 1988

We'd like to thank the large number of people that have responded
and discussed with us some of the "futures" issues dealing with A/UX.

We are doing something about it. From an article just posted to
misc.jobs.offered:

>The feedback we have gotten from the net and customers has caused us to
>become a lot more aggressive in our project plans. We have lots of new
>systems and peripherals to support under A/UX, so we want (of course)
>experienced UNIX internalists, and we are really blazing away on the
>seamless Macintosh look-and-feel under A/UX, so we want Mac OS programmers.

We are hiring. Your feedback has been instrumental to causing the A/UX
to accelerate our future product plans. Thanks to you all, and keep on
talking to us.

And b.t.w. - some of the recent discussions on setting up A/UX for
networking caused me to sit down and really look at our manuals. While
all the information is there, there is a LOT! It is hard to RTFM when there
are 6000 pages, and worse, more than one manual marked "OPEN ME FIRST".
But, I don't see what we can do about it. UNIX IS 6000+ pages of
documentation. I don't see how that could be reduced, to say, 600. Or
how that one relevant piece of info you need right now can be easily
accessible.

Are we missing something?
Philip K. Ronzone  A/UX System Architect
Apple Computer MS 27AJ 10500 N. DeAnza Blvd. Cupertino CA 95014
{amdahl,decwrl,sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual,unisoft}!apple!phil
"In A/UX Release 4.0, /bin will still be there ...." P. Zigbooli