SLIP for A/UX

William E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at steinmetz.steinmetz.ge.com
Thu Mar 31 23:34:56 AEST 1988

My impression from using A/UX is that it is SysV (streams) based with
TCP/IP and NFS using streams. Since I didn't have anything on a net to
use for a test I am going by the fraction of the manuals I was able to
read in a weekend.

A/UX is *huge*. The version we got was shipped on an 80MB disk, leaving
about 15MB for the user. A 2nd hard disk is really needed, since I
haven't heard that Apple will be shipping on anything larger than 80MB.

Warning: I used A/UX for a weekend, these are my impressions from what I
did and read.
--
	bill davidsen		(wedu at ge-crd.arpa)