SLIP for A/UX

Jim Kateley kateley at Apple.COM
Thu Mar 31 14:53:28 AEST 1988

In article <3058 at pbhyf.PacBell.COM> josh at pbhyf.PacBell.COM (Joshua Stein) writes

>This brings up a question that I haven't seen answered (implicitly or
>explicitly) in the announcements and articles about AUX; does it support
>NFS or RFS? (TCP/IP?), etc.

Version 1.0 of A/UX has B-NET (TCP/IP), NFS, and YP in it.  It comes with
ftp and telnet as well.  I don't know what RFS is so I don't know if A/UX
has it.... :-).  I've used NCSA telnet and the U of M CITI MacIP stuff
to log on to my A/UX boxes from my MacOS MacII, and I've used NFS to
mount directories from one A/UX box to another.  As I get the time,
I plan on setting up a YP server....Hope this helps.

--
Jim Kateley          UUCP: {sun, voder, nsc, mtxinu, dual}!apple!kateley
S,P,HnS!             DOMAIN: kateley at apple.COM  Applelink: kateley1