What is the official availability status of A/UX

Charles L Ditzel benoni at ssc-vax.UUCP
Wed Mar 30 13:52:59 AEST 1988

In article <4270 at hoptoad.uucp>, gnu at hoptoad.uucp (John Gilmore) writes:
> As of this week, there are 7 (seven) dealers in the world who are
> allowed to sell A/UX.  None of them are permitted to sell by mail order,
> so if you don't live near one, go get a PC Clone and Xenix instead.
> (Or buy a Sun -- though Sun makes it almost this hard to buy machines.)

I did just that...it wasn't that hard buying a Sun :-)

This must be a clever Apple marketing ploy...seriously Apple just
doesn't seem to take A/UX seriously ... this is the most ridiculous
distribution scheme I have ever heard of! Couple this with the A/UX
on a disk controversy ... are these people for real?  Are they
making life a living hell for those that want A/UX hoping that these
people will move on to MacOS...