A/UX hangs.

Bruce Beare bruce at voysys.UUCP
Mon Oct 3 23:49:11 AEST 1988

In article <3244 at emory.uucp>, km at emory.uucp (Ken Mandelberg) writes:

> My Mac II has recently started hanging. The console freezes (no tty
> echo) and there is no response from the ethernet.  There is no panic,
> just this hang. There is nothing much for me to do but hit reset, fix
> the filesystem, and reboot again.  The hang can occur anytime from a
> Ken Mandelberg      | km at mathcs.emory.edu          PREFERRED

I've been having the same problem for some time. I called the A/UX hotline
(we got the freebee in the mail) and was rather disappointed by their response.
The hotline person suggested that I try turning off accounting, NFS, etc until
the problem went away. I asked if there was any way to get a crash dump and to
examine it - the person on the other end of the phone did not even know what
crash was...

Well, I still have a machine that 'locks' up every few days.
I would NOT recommend purchasing the so-called 'hotline support' line until
they get their act together.

	Bruce Beare
	..!pyramid!ctnews!voysys!bruce