A/UX hangs.

Bruce Beare bruce at voysys.UUCP
Thu Oct 6 04:30:39 AEST 1988

In article <276 at voysys.UUCP>, bruce at voysys.UUCP (Bruce Beare) writes:
> In article <3244 at emory.uucp>, km at emory.uucp (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
> >
> > My Mac II has recently started hanging. The console freezes (no tty
>
> Well, I still have a machine that 'locks' up every few days.
> I would NOT recommend purchasing the so-called 'hotline support' line until
> they get their act together.

I just heard back from the manager of the direct response center. The bug I/we
are experiencing is a known bug - probably due to a high network load.

I am not sure why it took nearly a week to figure out/tell me what the
problem was, but I have been 'credited' for the response center time that was
used for this problem. I also found out that unisoft never made crash available
to apple - this is sure to make things difficult for support until it is fixed.

It seems to me that the people at apple really care about supporting people,
but probably have some staff-up/training problems that they are working on.

	Bruce Beare
	..!pyramid!ctnews!voysys!bruce