./etc/APPLE. No Free Software for Mac users.

Kenton A. Hoover shibumi at well.UUCP
Sun Sep 25 10:09:03 AEST 1988

>entire thing including source code.  If this were true, it would
>interfaces and that when viable alternatives (NeXT's AIX interface?,
>Open Look?) are available which are defacto standards and aren't
>propriatary, Apple will lose business by sticking to their proprietary
>interface.  Hopefully, they will see the light by then and RMS will
>remove his restriction and support GNU software on Apple products.

As my mother always told me, de-facto standards are those standards which
people choose to use, not those that choose to call themselves such. Also,
de-facto standards pretty much require that the standard be available for
public review, which is not true of the supposed NeXT AIX interface...
--
!   Kenton A. Hoover             {hoptoad,hplabs,lll-lcc,ptsfa}!well!shibumi !
!                                 SNAIL: 535 Pacific Avenue                  !