Help with network init

Greg_Baber gregb at dowjone.UUCP
Tue Sep 20 05:08:08 AEST 1988

Hello,
	I am trying to install the Kinetics EtherportII on my Mac II with
	A/UX, and I got to the point (page 2-12 in the Network System
	Administration manual) where after the new kernel reboots, it is
	supposed to prompt me for the hostname, domainname, etc. After I
	try both of the procedures they list for doing the system config,
	and issue the reboot command, I get a warning message about the
	system not being able to find some device drivers, I see the
	line about the loopback address lo0 being up and running, but I
	never get the prompts. I installed the Ethernet hardware under the
	MacOS, so maybe the drivers never got onto the right partition???

	Anyone familiar with this setup, or who has seen this type of error
	before, able to help me? Please respond by E-mail or voice, I'll
	call you back if by voice.

	Thanks,    gregb
--
Reply to: Gregory S. Baber		Voice:	(609) 520-5077
	  Dow Jones & Co., Inc.		E-mail:	..princeton!dowjone!gregb