Questions about AU/X

David R Falkenburg falken at caen.engin.umich.edu
Sun Sep 11 09:49:00 AEST 1988

In article <16098 at onfcanim.UUCP>, dave at onfcanim.UUCP (Dave Martindale) writes:
> In article <15655 at apple.Apple.COM> dwb at apple.com.UUCP (David W. Berry) writes:
> >The A/UX partitions can be backed up (image only,
> >not files) under MacOS by the software shipped with the tape drive.
>
> Not quite true.  We received a new Apple tape drive a week ago, and it
> arrived with version 1.1 of the tape backup utility.  We also have an
> older tape drive, and have not received an update of the version 1.1
> software received with it.
>
> The utilities manual for system 6 says that it requires version 2 of the
> tape backup utility to deal with partitions, but Apple Canada says that
> version 2 has not been released yet, regardless of what the documentation
> says.
>
> 	Dave Martindale
 I also got a new tape drive with 1.1 software.  The beta 2.0 software, however
was available on AppleLink (v2.0b17) that someone snatched for me (i'm still
waiting of for somebody's old account to be reactivated for my own use)

my opinions are mine

-dave falkenburg
 university of michigan computer aided engineering network
 Internet: falken at caen.engin.umich.edu
 UUCP: umix!caen.engin.umich.edu!falken