Questions about AU/X

Dave Martindale dave at onfcanim.UUCP
Fri Sep 9 06:22:59 AEST 1988

In article <15655 at apple.Apple.COM> dwb at apple.com.UUCP (David W. Berry) writes:
>The A/UX partitions can be backed up (image only,
>not files) under MacOS by the software shipped with the tape drive.

Not quite true.  We received a new Apple tape drive a week ago, and it
arrived with version 1.1 of the tape backup utility.  We also have an
older tape drive, and have not received an update of the version 1.1
software received with it.

The utilities manual for system 6 says that it requires version 2 of the
tape backup utility to deal with partitions, but Apple Canada says that
version 2 has not been released yet, regardless of what the documentation
says.

Apple Canada did give us a beta-test version that works, solving the
problem for now.

Is Apple Canada behind Apple U.S. in releasing this, or is it just not
publically available yet?

	Dave Martindale