a/ux look-alikes etc

Craig Harmer craig at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com
Thu Sep 1 10:28:47 AEST 1988

In article <16349 at apple.Apple.COM> jk at Apple.COM (John Kullmann) writes:

>THAT company did not make A/UX for Apple. We conceived of, designed, and
>implemented A/UX.  We have no "supplier" for A/UX. We own it, build it,
>maintain it, and enhance it. THAT company does not have, sell or intend to
>sell, nor is it licensed to sell a "look-alike" of A/UX.
>No one else has A/UX for the Mac (or for any other platform).
>
>Please refrain from posting statements that sound like facts unless you
>know that they are.

well, then what exactly did Apple buy from Unisoft?  it's my understanding
that A/UX is based on a product from Unisoft, and further, that the
next release of A/UX is dependent on the next release of Unix from
Unisoft.  Or do you believe that Apple hasn't purchased anything
from Unisoft?  Or that Apple is producing something other than Unix?

--
[views above shouldn't be viewed as Amdahl views, or as views from Amdahl, or
as Amdahl views views, or as views by Mr. Amdahl, or as views from his house]