C++, A/UX, and Mac OS

Mike Chow mgchow at Apple.COM
Sat Sep 17 10:37:36 AEST 1988

In article <22404 at tis.llnl.gov> tjt at tis.llnl.gov (Tim Tessin) writes:
>In article <7114 at well.UUCP> richer at well.UUCP (Mark H. Richer) writes:
>I had problems running the C compiler on my machine which is still at
>2mb memory.  This may soon be fixed when my second-source memory

There is also a "large" version of the C compiler for A/UX; it has
much larger symbol tables then standard one.   You can invoke the
large C compiler by using the "-B /usr/lib/big/" option to CC.
It's fairly robust; programs such as Electric, Magic, X11, and
INGRES are all fairly large and have successfully been compiled
with the large C compiler (including a 160 line C macro).

You'll know when to use the large C compiler if the standard A/UX
C compiler dies on a Symbol Table Overflow error.

			Mike Chow
			Apple Computer, Inc.
			mgchow at apple.com