A/UX multiuser performance

Alexis Rosen alexis at dasys1.UUCP
Tue Sep 20 20:51:37 AEST 1988

I am curious as to the number of users a Mac II can support simultaneously
under A/UX. Clearly I would need to add a serial port board if I wanted to run
more than three people. Can it handle up to (say) twelve users? Does anyone
have any experience with add-in serial boards yet?

The '030 machine due tomorrow seems to run ~20% faster than a II, but I have
never seen it running A/UX. Is there a big win in having an on-chip MMU that
translates into a bigger performance increase than under the Mac OS? How many
more users can I expect to throw on this box?

"Enquiring clients want to know" :-)

Thanks in advance

----
Alexis Rosen                       {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Writing from                                {harpo,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!alexis
The Big Electric Cat                  {portal,well,sun}!hoptoad/
Public UNIX                         Best path: uunet!dasys1!alexis