A/UX Mail files

Antonio Ordonez antonio at Apple.COM
Fri Jan 27 08:45:51 AEST 1989

In article <289 at berlin.acss.umn.edu> grg at berlin.acss.umn.edu (George Gonzalez) writes:

>  I have a question for you A/UX gurus.  On our A/UX system all the mail
>
>-rw-rw----  gus
>-rw-rw----  harry
>
>We'd rather have the files be -rw-------, i.e. only accessible by the owner.
>
>The A/UX hot line re-created the problem on their system.  This was the
>first time they had heard of this. They didn't have an answer either.
>
>Any ideas?

FYI :  We at the Hotline loked at the source and found the place where the
       file was created with 660 access.

       We have escalated the problem to A/UX engineering and will hopefully
       get a binary that solves the problem in the near future.

#include <disclaimer.h> 	/*  I'll think of a better one later  */
Antonio Ordonez				 	      amdahl \
Technical Communications/Direct Response Center	  pyramid!sun - apple!antonio
Apple Computer, Inc. (408) 996-1010		      decwrl /