Partitions in AUX

George Drettakis dgplab at dgp.toronto.edu
Thu Jan 26 08:49:18 AEST 1989

I have a MacII running AUX and a new 20 MB SCSI disk that has 4 partitions on it.
I used dp (1M) to change the parition (DPM Index 3) type to Unix File System,
and apparently the whole disk is called /dev/dsk/c1d0s31.
What I cant understand is how the "slice" number relates to the DPM parition
index so that one can get mkfs to work and subsequently mount the file system.
Am I missing something essential ?

--

George Drettakis                  Dynamic Graphics Project
Systems Administrator             Computer Systems Research Institute