gcc-1.35.bin WHAT is it!Now what do I do?

David W. Berry dwb at sticks.apple.com
Tue Jul 25 07:05:27 AEST 1989

In article <17280018 at hpsmtc1.HP.COM> dlw at hpsmtc1.HP.COM (David L. Williams) writes:
>Ok, I pulled gcc-1.35.aux.bin.Z over from apple.com and uncompressed it.
>
>What do I do to the file now to get gcc out?
>
>I have a file shortened to gcc.bin
	gcc-1.35.aux.bin.Z is a tar file, containing the various pieces of
the distribution in compiled/ready-to-run format, that has been compressed.
The name was changed to give much more indication of what it contained than
gcc.bin.tar.Z.  My suggestion would be to rename it to gcc.bin.tar.Z,
and then

	zcat gcc.bin.tar.Z | tar xvf -

That should produce the files mentioned in the readme.
Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb at apple.com		973-5168 at 408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1