Fun with Dick and Jane

Earle R. Horton earleh at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Sat Jul 29 04:51:20 AEST 1989

In article <10936 at polya.Stanford.EDU> shaff at Sesame.Stanford.EDU
	(Mike Shaff) writes:
>To some up my illustration of JUST ONE NIGHT OF PLEASURE (there have
>been others, but I want to save those stories for nights my children
>won't go to bed), I pushed across, via floppy, release 6.2.2 of MIT
>CScheme (approx 2 Mb)...

     Why don't you use the serial port?  A/UX comes with Kermit.  It
is a relatively simple matter to tell Kermit to listen to the modem
port, then put it in "server" mode.  If you are uploading programs
from a Mac to A/UX, then MacKermit will "send all files in the current
folder" if you tell it to, and your A/UX Kermit in server mode will
be happy to receive them.

     I once sent a 2 Mb file over a 2400 baud modem line.  I don't
know how long it took, nor do I care, because I took off for a real
night of pleasure once the transfer started...

>I used to believe that Apple was different, better.  Now, I wonder
>whether "the rest of us" referred to the suckers that are born every
>minute.

     This is an interesting theory.  Anybody at Apple know whether
this is what it means?

Earle R. Horton