multiple monitors under A/UX 1.1

Paul Traina pst at anise.acc.com
Sat Jul 8 01:10:52 AEST 1989

Well,  I just received my 19" monochrome monitor & card for my MacII.  I
dropped everything in (after making sure the 19" card was in a nubus
slot closer to the fan, so it would become primary display) and booted.

Both monitors are usable under MacOS.  Great.  When I boot A/UX,  the
secondary monitor goes dead.  I have orderd Apple's X11,  which I have
been told does support dual monitors.  However, in the mean time,  I'd like
to at least be able to write junque out to the secondary monitor.  Is there
any support in the base A/UX 11 (or MIT sample X server)?

(What would be *really* cute is if I could run toolbox on my 13" color monitor
and X on my 19" monitor at the same time.  (Well, I can dream, can't I?))

Any tech info would be greatly appreciated.

					Paul
--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats,
 for they are subtle and will piss on your computer."