A/UX 1.1

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Wed May 10 03:17:39 AEST 1989

In article <4017 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> km at mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:
>A few quick questions:
>
>2) Is there a working f77 on 1.1? While we didn't verify
>it ourselves, the one with 1.0 was rumored to be unuseable.
>
>3) I presume 1.1 still has no Pascal, and that the third
>party Unisoft Pascal is the only alternative. We have not
>been very impressed with either the Unisoft compiler or
>their support.

2). Yes, f77 now works much better (i.e., it works) on 1.1. It was a horrible
botch on the first release as we overlooked Q/A'ing it -- then discovered
it was broken when it was too late. We get red in the face and say "oops"
a lot when we are reminded of 1.1 f77.

3). Correct - no Pascal.
|Philip K. Ronzone, Apple Computer, 10440 Bubb Rd, MS 58A, Cupertino, CA 95014|
|{amdahl,decwrl,sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual,unisoft,...}!apple!phil             |