A/UX 1.1

John F. Mansfield jfm at ruddles.sprl.umich.edu.engin.umich.edu
Tue May 9 03:35:00 AEST 1989

In article <4017 at emory.mathcs.emory.edu> km at mathcs.emory.edu (Ken Mandelberg) writes:

>2) Is there a working f77 on 1.1? While we didn't verify
>it ourselves, the one with 1.0 was rumored to be unuseable.

It is unusable and I was VERY pissed off about this when I bought the
system as I am a FORTRAN user and it seemed that it was a great idea
to get a system with f77.  After much bitching and moaning I got
a copy of the UNISOFT Compiler to evaluate and that at least works
and in some cases seemd to be faster than the Sun3/60 that we have.
I havent used it for months since A/UX is so unfriendly to much of our
MacOS stuff I stopped using it.  The students keep rebooting the
machine to use the MacOS and this is without syncing the drive so we
get allsorts of boot up errors and gripes when you reboot A/UX again.
BTW anyone want to buy NeWS for A/UX?
John Mansfield
North Campus Electron Microbeam Analysis Laboratory 2455 Hayward, Ann Arbor,
Michigan 48109-2143. 313-936-3352
Internet: jfm at ruddles.sprl.umich.edu or john_mansfield.um.cc.umich.edu