A/UX & the Device Manager

Steve C. Lemke lemke at banana.ucsb.edu
Fri May 26 08:24:10 AEST 1989

In article <31442 at apple.Apple.COM> phil at apple.com (Phil Ronzone) writes:
}DAs (which are a kind of device driver) are definitely supported under A/UX.
}...
}DAs yes -- entities that play with hardware, no.

What exactly is involved in getting DAs to work under A/UX?  I booted my Mac
OS drive, ran Font/DA Mover (System 6.0.3), and moved a few DAs into the
System file on the SASH partition.  The DAs I tried were Message (the cute
scrolling message DA) and McSink (text editor DA).  Neither one even shows
up when I boot A/UX and am running Term...  (This is with A/UX 1.1)  Any ideas?