Major bug in A/UX 1.1

Phil Ronzone phil at Apple.COM
Wed May 10 03:20:47 AEST 1989

In article <8150 at june.cs.washington.edu> mckenzie at uw-june.UUCP (Neil McKenzie) writes:
>I just installed the upgrade from A/UX 1.0.1 to A/UX 1.1 on my
>4 Mbyte Mac IIx ('030 version of the MacII).  There seems to be
>a serious reliability problem with the new kernel running on my
>computer.  I can make it crash by simply doing the following from
>the shell:
>
>	% rlogin localhost
>	% exit
>
>The machine then dies and prints the error message:
>
>	panic: sbflush 2

I can't reproduce any of these errors. I would suspect flakey hardware. I
just had an old Mac II that has been running without poweroff or failure for
almost two years -- and it started getty flakey. I finally took the cover
off and "stroked" the SIMMs and wiggled all the connectors and reseated the
PMMU. Now it behaves again. If the bug is repeatable, check your Ethernet
card to see if it has all the revs on it.
|Philip K. Ronzone, Apple Computer, 10440 Bubb Rd, MS 58A, Cupertino, CA 95014|
|{amdahl,decwrl,sun,voder,nsc,mtxinu,dual,unisoft,...}!apple!phil             |