New unix woes!

Gabe M Wiener gmw1 at CUNIXD.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Mon May 15 13:11:57 AEST 1989

Hello people.  I recently bought a used A/UX license and have just gotten the
system installed and running.

A few problems that (I hope!) someone out there can help me with:

I've been trying to change the system's name.  Even when I edit the
/etc/HOSTNAME file, it still doesn't change it everywhere (for example, I
can't get the name before the "login" prompt to change).

The time zone.....same thing. Even after editing the /etc/TIMEZONE file, I
still see the old CDT zone instead of my EDT.

Any advice?  (better yet, is there any way to make the system think that it's
booting for the first time?  According to the manual, all these elements are
configured on first bootup.  Any way for me to take it through that initial
procedure again?)

-G

P.S.  Before I forget!  How do I "import" a mac text file into A/UX?
I assume I do it under SASH, but how?

Gabe Wiener -- Columbia University   \****/ "It doesn't matter how sincere it
				      \**/   is, nor how heart-felt the spirit.
INTERNET: gmw1 at cunixd.cc.columbia.edu  \/    Sentiment will not endear it.
BITNET:   gmw1 at cunixc                  /\    What's important is the price."
COMPUSERVE: 72355,1226                /**\   		- Tom Lehrer
WUI: 650-117-9118                    /****\                  on gift giving