A/UX test site

73550000 matthew at ucscb.UCSC.EDU
Sun May 28 06:51:03 AEST 1989

 I just set up an A/UX 1.1 system here (A/UX 1.1, 110 MB disk, Mac II, 5 MB)
for my personal use and the use of a group of student hacker/programmer types.
Soon we will also be allowing more public access.
We now have experience porting games and utilities from the comp.sources...
archives.
We have also reset all the file security modes to be more compatible with
a hostile user environment, and written scripts to help automate user
account and file security setup.
We have also found many interesting bugs, which I will post later, as
soon as the rate at which we find them goes down. (some even have easy fixes)
We are also (when time permits) testing Macintosh applications for compatibility
with A/UX.

I will post more details later, if I find that there is any interest.

Mail me if you are interested enough to hear more. (or if you want a nice
hostile environment in which to test hardware or software)

If I ever convince my local university that they need to give me a SLIP
connection, we'll be on the net. Until then, mail me at:
matthew at ucscb.ucsc.edu, or
...!ucbvax!ucscc!ucscb!matthew, or
matthew at ucsck.BITNET