More questions on GCC for A/UX

Mike Shaff shaff at Sesame.Stanford.EDU
Mon May 29 08:30:15 AEST 1989

ciao,

I have some questions about GCC & A/UX that perhaps someone on the net would
humor me by answering.

I snarfed the two files from apple.com related to GCC (gcc-1.35.aux.bin.Z &
gcc-1.35.aux.tar.Z).  I placed the results of the first file in /usr/local/bin
(gcc itself) and the rest in /usr/local/lib.  The results of the second file
in /usr/local/src/gcc-aux.

First, are the files stored in gcc-1.35.aux.bin.Z the results on a complete
build of GCC or just a stage (e.g., stage 1)?  If, in fact, it is just a stage
how can I get the Makefile associated with GCC to take advantage of these
files?  Second, I know that if I rename gcc to be cc and /usr/local/bin occurs
before /usr/bin in my PATH variable that I will be taking advantage of GCC,
but how do I get the right thing to happen with CPP?  I have not yet received
my update to 1.1 (which may I have heard fix the cpp problem) and I am trying
to port MIT CScheme to A/UX, cpp stands directly in my way!

(peace chance)

	mas