Mathematica under A/UX?

Greg DeMichillie s160041 at castor.ucdavis.edu
Wed May 3 02:37:48 AEST 1989

In article <6969 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu> mithomas at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Michael Thomas Niehaus) writes:
>Here's a really simple question for you:  Does Mathematica run under A/UX.
>If it does, can it take advantage of large amounts of virtual memory?
>
>--
>Michael Niehaus        UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee}!bsu-cs!mithomas
>Apple Student Rep      ARPA:  mithomas at bsu-cs.bsu.edu
>Ball State University  AppleLink: ST0374 (from UUCP: st0374 at applelink.apple.com)

Steve Wolfram was at Davis a couple of months ago showing Mathematica for Mac
OS and I asked him about possible support for A/UX.  He was pretty firm about
NOT doing a version for A/UX (don't ask me why..)  It seems to me that the only
way Mathematica will run under A/UX is if Apple cleans up A/UX enough to run
the Mac OS version directly.  That could happen, since Version 1.2 now supports
a lot more Mac binaries than 1.1 did.  Maybe in 2.0....

Greg DeMichillie               *          Apple Student Rep - UC Davis
lgdemichillie at ucdavis.edu      *          AppleLink : ST0178

Disclaimer: If you've seen one disclaimer, you've seen them all.