GNU stuff on the mac

David W. Berry dwb at sticks.apple.com
Wed May 31 05:30:20 AEST 1989

In article <3267 at uokmax.UUCP> rmtodd at uokmax.UUCP (Richard Michael Todd) writes:
>In article <2072 at internal.Apple.COM> dwb at sticks.apple.com (David W. Berry) writes:
>>	If you're looking for gcc support for aux 1.1, you can get
>>the necessary changes via anonymous ftp from apple.com.  The same
>>changes should work for 1.0 but your mileage may vary.
>
>I tried compiling it under 1.0 last night using the A/UX C compiler.  Didn't
>work.  Can you say "too many #defines"?  Yep, this version overflows the
>stupid small-size buffers in cpp just like the 1.34 version I've been messing
>with for the past month.  Since evidently David Berry got the thing to compile
>on his system, without even having to specify -B/usr/lib/big/, presumably this
>stupid buffer size business was fixed in 1.1.  So where's my update disks? :-)

	As should be mentioned somewhere, you must get not only the source
distribution or the diffs, but must also take the binary distribution of
gcc 1.35 (gcc-1.35.aux.bin.Z).  Put the appropriate files in /usr/local/bin
and /usr/local/gnu, make sure /usr/local/bin is on your path, and compile
with CC=gcc.  I'll make sure there is a README.gcc.aux that describes all
this.

Opinions:  MINE, ALL MINE! (greedy evil chuckle)

David W. Berry		(A/UX Toolbox Engineer)
dwb at apple.com		973-5168 at 408.MaBell		AppleLink: berry1