Sendmail is really REALLY hosed ???

Mahesh Subramanya mahesh at ithiliencc.nd.edu
Sat Nov 11 09:04:59 AEST 1989

Has anyone else seen this problem? I have an A/UX box running
1.1.  The kernel has been configured for BNET and nfs.  Till
recently, sendmail had been working perfectly, routing mail
to other unix boxes on the internet with ease.  However,
I recently reconfigured the kernel to remove the local-talk
devices (newunix nolocaltalk).  After the autoconfigure and
the reboot, sendmail sould leave a <defunct> process lying
around every time someone sent my A/UX box mail from the
internet.  I can mail to anyone (local or remote) with no
problems.  It is just mail from ANY remote site that causes
this problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

In fact, if anyone has seen anything to do with defunct
processes, please mail me.

Thanx

Mahesh Subramanya
Office of Univeristy Computing