Printing to a PC using tftp

Kevin Crowston crowston at athena.mit.edu
Thu Nov 16 06:23:33 AEST 1989

I have a PC with a laser printer running a TFTP server.  From a
DECStation I can print things using tftp, by copying them to
"PRN" on the PC.  Currently I do this with a shell script.  It'd
be nice if I could use all the standard lp spooling stuff, but
I can't figure out what to put in the printcap to say that the
program to transfer the file to the printer is some shell
script.  I'd also like to do this with my AU/X machines, but
the situation there is even less clear.  Any ideas?

Kevin